Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Reasons

{source}

A few years ago I was at a women’s meeting for my church and we had a doctor there to answer any questions that we had. One thing he said that really stuck with me was this:

“Don’t exercise to lose weight. Because, then if it doesn’t work, you will quit. Exercise to be healthy.”

Of course, I hope to lose weight when I exercise, but I continue to exercise because I know how much better I feel when I exercise. I have more energy, my mind is clearer, the mood is happier and I have more self-control.

Take a look at this list of 50 reasons, and tell me: Which are your top 5?

Mine are #’s: 5, 7, 17, 24 & 34.

1 comment:

  1. Love this chart. My top 1 is number 50, it sums it all up. A couple of years ago, someone said to me, "running is your life" (this was back when my goal for these challenges was 400, not 250) and my response was "no, it just makes the rest of my life better." And it does. I have more energy, I'm healthier, I'm happier and I have more self-confidence.

    ReplyDelete