Monday, January 7, 2013

Call For Miles | Week 1

securedownload Today (Monday) is the last day of the first week of Round 4. How did your first week go?

Winter is a hard time to exercise. On Saturday, I met with a friend to go for a walk, and the wind was blowing 20+ miles an hour (with gusts much higher) and it was cold so we didn’t get very far before turning back.

Do you have any tips for working out when it is cold and or wet out?

Leave a comment letting me know your miles for this week and good luck in week two!

*I have had some people tell me that they have had a hard time leaving a comment. If you have any trouble, please feel free to email me instead. My email is over there ----->

9 comments:

  1. Just one for last week. For my official goal: 70. Thanks, Amanda! 10 and 12 are great, you two! What a fab start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got in 3 last week! This week off to a rotten, sickly start, but I have faith that I will bounce back (plus we had 32 degrees up here in Northern Minnesota today - it felt like spring and I was sad I felt too crummy to take advantage of it!). My work out in the cold guideline is this: If the temperature is 2 digits (10 or above) and there is no windchill factor, we are outside, whether we make it for a walk around the block, a couple of blocks to the library, or our full 3 miles depends. And we bundle the heck up!! Otherwise, it is Wii Fit, Just Dance (watching a 2 year old try to dance in the living room is an ab workout in itself!) or good old free weights for arms and lunges.

    - Heather H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got no advice on what to do in cold weather because I hibernate in cold weather--which is to say that I started the year off with ZERO miles this week! It's been so cold! I even got my shoes on and was ready to go one day, walked out the door and turned right back around with the first blast of cold air!

    I'll make it up...when it thaws... lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off to a slow start, so only 4 for me. Will pick it up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I lose my pedometer, but even if I lose it I should have an idea of what I have done. I will be doing this challenge again, and hope to finish. I did 19 miles this week.

    If you would change my goal to 225 miles that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 22 miles for me this week. As far as working out in the cold, getting out the door is the hardest part. Once I'm out, the cold isn't usually a problem. And I layer so I can adjust as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From email:

    5 for Kara
    12 for Michelle R.

    ReplyDelete