Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Excuses

Last week, I was full of excuses for why I couldn’t exercise.

Bryan was out of town. I had a meeting. I was cranky. I had to be at the school to do volunteer time. I had a big event as PALS (parent group) president. I have three kids and one wasn’t feeling well. I was tired – after all, I don’t sleep well when Bryan is gone.

Because of this, I got 0 miles. ZERO. This is my challenge! How can I do that to myself?

Recently, my sister emailed me some of the pictures that I have used on the calls for miles. As I was going through my email last night, I came across this one:

photo(1)

I have seen it before. I have smiled at this boy’s happiness, his smile and his courage.

But, last night. Last night, it sunk in. My excuses are LAME!

After all, if I had exercised perhaps I would have slept better. If I had exercised, I probably would have had more energy to get the things done that needed to get done. If I had exercised I may have been more patient with my children because I would have had an outlet.

Exercise has a way of changing my whole perspective.

Do you know what I mean?

So this week, I challenge you to drop your excuses. Forget them. Do something GOOD for yourself.

And, I read this gem this afternoon and thought that maybe it would inspire you too.

Will you do it? Will you drop your excuse? Will you do something good for you?

2 comments:

  1. This whole post is so inspiring. I have been making a real effort this past week to put my excuses away (I had the realization that I am officially OUT of excuses for not starting to work out again) and just get going. It has been hard, but so worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've reported for a couple of weeks. I have 31 more miles to add.

    Loved this post Amanda- very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete