Sunday, May 11, 2014

Call for Miles | Week 6


Happy Mother's Day, friends! I hope everyone has a lovely day!

How was your week? I had a triumph - it was my town's annual 6.7-mile race yesterday and I had a million reasons to not participate, but one big reason to participate. I think I've mentioned before that in August for the Portland to Coast relay, I am doing a nearly 8-mile leg. I needed to participate in yesterday race to prove to myself that 8-miles isn't totally unrealistic. 

I expected it to take me just under two hours to walk the 6.7 miles, but I was able to finish in 1 hour, 44 minutes. I was exhausted all day, and was ready to be done at the end, but I did it. And I have a few months to prepare to walk 8-miles about fifteen hours after walking 5-miles. 

Leave me a comment with your miles, struggles and triumphs. Good luck this week!

1 comment:

  1. 9 miles for me. The NBA playoffs have been on so I used that as an excuse to stay in from my walk a couple of times and the weather has been awful - we have had so many downpours this week. Makes me want to stay in!

    ReplyDelete