Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thoughts After Two Weeks

I removed people from our participant list that haven’t reported any miles in.  If you have a friend that had wanted to participate, tell them that it’s not too late!  I can easily add them in and they can still get to 100 miles by the end of June.  When I did my first challenge, I joined in about three weeks in and still managed to get to 100.

---

There are several of you that get a lot of miles each.  A lot, a lot.  Like so many, I don’t know how you do anything but exercise, a lot.  Anyway, those of you that are getting 15+ miles a week should consider making your goal higher. 

I don’t know if you have noticed Stacy over there…she is my sister and she is a marathon runner.  Her goal for the three months is 400 miles. If you would like to make your goal higher, just leave a comment with how many miles you think you can do by the end of June.

Of course, a goal of 100 miles is great.  After all, that’s my goal!

---

Also, Heather H. has made a spreadsheet to log her miles and she is willing to share it.  Maybe head to her blog and leave a comment and she can email it to you.  You can also leave your email address here and I’ll get it to her.  Her spreadsheet also tracks measurements and weight for a little extra incentive.  Thanks, Heather!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can do it but I will try to aim high and go for 400 miles in 3 months. for me, 300 in 3 months is attainable but I want to really challenge myself. I am having fun when I workout thinking about how many miles I am getting for the week! Thanks for doing this! It is a lot of fun and extra motivation and focus for my workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaving my goals the same: try to get in all my workouts (including strengthening and stretching), try to finish the C25k without knee repercussions. However many miles that ends up being. I'll be way down this week, as I've spend the last week being sick, trying to get in cleaning, packing, plans for leaving Ian before leaving Friday for our anniversary get away. I plan to log MANY hours (not miles : ) as a baby beluga beach potato!! I'll check in when I get back. Thanks for keeping us challenged Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I finally found your blog again. I lost it in my many million favorites saved. I subscribed to your blog but haven't gotten any e-mails for call for miles, don't know what I did wrong there. Anyway, if I can still be a part of this, I have been pretty good about tracking my time/miles and am at 19 miles as of 4-21.(7 wk 1, 6 wk 2, and 6 last week.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you have Heather H. email me a copy of her spreadsheet. ruthcorn@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I get a copy of Heather's spreadsheet too? katie_gee (at) hotmail (dot) com. Thanks Amanda!

    ReplyDelete