Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Call for Miles | Week 7

Motivational Fitness Quotes

Yesterday (Tuesday) marked the end of week 7. How are you doing on this challenge? It’s racing by for me and I can’t really believe that we have ten days or so until March.

This week, we laid my husband’s brother to rest. He was far too young – only 34 – and over the last 72-hours I’ve found myself thinking about how I take my body for granted and possibly don’t do everything I can to take care of it. I don’t want to be buried far too soon because I didn’t take care of myself.

Leave a comment with you miles, and good luck this week. Go get ‘em!

4 comments:

  1. Ok I haven't been very good at reporting my miles but I have been doing them and keeping track on paper
    Week 4- 33 miles
    Week 5 - 31 miles
    Week 6 - 10 miles (the crazy weather cut back on how much I was out exercising
    Week 7 - 20
    I have that I have 161 miles total so if I have it wrong, let me know
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 miles for me for week 7. Yikes, I need to get it in gear. Amanda, so sorry to hear about your brother in law. I very much agree with what you are saying about taking care of our bodies. I have a loved one who is going through medical issues largely in part to not taking care of herself. It's truly devastating. I still have a long way to go before I can stand tall in regards to how I take care of my body. I know it's worth the effort. Its a day by day journey. My daily mantra is . .Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 29 for me again. Wish I would have gotten in one more mile to make it an even 30. Good reminder about taking care of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been terrible at giving you my numbers. I haven't been doing as well as I'd have hoped. I was doing well until the extra kids came, then vacation, then sick, then in the hospital...life is kicking my butt! I have a total of 38 miles at the end of week 7. Yup--I've done a whopping THREE miles in the last 3 weeks. Crazy. But, I'm getting back on that horse and I'm going to finish strong!!!
    I'm so sorry that your brother in law passed away. I need to take better care of myself (I say as I've been sick for 2 solid months now and haven't been to the doctor. FINE. I'll call tomorrow!) ;)

    ReplyDelete