Saturday, May 5, 2012

Call for Miles | Week 5

57420963968513778_9wLQC7An_c

{source}

Hey, everyone!

It’s the last day of week 5. How did you do this week?

I had a good week – a couple of things factored in that. One is that May if Oregon Walk, Bike and Roll to School month so the kids have been eager to earn points for their classes by walking. Going back and forth two times a day gives me two miles! The second is that today was a race that I’ve done four times now – it’s a 6.7 mile course that winds through my little town. It’s a beautiful course. We go past six (I think) waterfalls. I wasn’t able to beat my time from last year but I was pretty close and I’m not sore tonight so I’m feeling pretty good about it.

Leave a comment telling me your miles for the week!

15 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite motivating quotes for working out. I LOVE it!

    I'm so glad you got some good mileage in this week. And I'm seriously so excited for you about the Troutdale Trot. I love it! Good job!

    11 miles for me this week.

    Julie A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super quote. i want to come to oregon and walk past 6 waterfalls. cool!

    good news. i got an antibiotic for my sinus infection. finally on the mend.

    bad news. 0 miles.

    but there . is . always . hope.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for helping me to choose sore!
    25

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Stacy. 38 miles for me. Looks like I'll be doing a marathon in 4 weeks. A lot of training between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had 14 miles.

    I did my first 5k yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to post that one. Each day I need to make the right choice!
    So, I hope this isn't cheating but I did some major gardening this week, so if it's okay I'm going to count each 30 min as 1 mile- so that would be 10 miles, plus regular exercise 4 miles for a total of 14 for the week.You be the judge, but I promise I was huffing and puffing and sweating some serious calories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather H: 12 miles. Have to get my measurements done tonight, too, so hopefully I'll see some changes there! Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did 8 and I'm down 2 more pounds!

    I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 21 miles this week. Missed my goal by 1, but I feel really great about this week. Troutdale Trot was a blast and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sent a comment last night with my miles (25), but don't see it... and I'm still a little stiff from yesterday. Thanks for the encouragement to walk the trot.
    Ruth, awesome job, as I'm sure you ran it. I didn't see you, but love that route also. In the past it's been every Sat. morning ... hopefully this summer again!

    ReplyDelete