Saturday, June 2, 2012

Call for Miles | Week 9

57420963968459377_ZPzmTG4H_c

I can’t believe that it is June already! Just four weeks left of this challenge! How are you feeling about your goal? I am right on track to get to 100 in the next couple of weeks, and I am feeling strong.

I went walking this morning with some girls from my Portland to Coast team, and we did just over five miles. When we were done, I felt like I could keep going and I’m not totally worn out today so I must be getting stronger. A friend on that route, was feeling tired and slow so I posted the above picture (found here) with hopes that it will make her realize that she is doing just fine. You are doing just fine. Just keep going, and you’ll get there too.

Good luck in this last few weeks! Let me know how many miles. Also, let me know if you are interested in doing another challenge (July-September). 

--Amanda

12 comments:

  1. ONE mile.

    yes. that's a one.

    ha-ha. at least i was off the couch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughh! My life seems to keep getting busier and busier lately with all 4 kids at home, which isn't a bad thing mind you, just bad for my exercise abilities! Anyway, 18 for me and I think I better change my goal to 300 from 400. We are moving in less than 3 weeks so hopefully I can meet my new goal of 300! That will definitely still be a challenge for me with packing, cleaning, moving and 4 kids at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Sorry, I miscounted. Make that 19 for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 27 for me...hoping to hit my goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 for me. I've got to get back on track!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to guess how many miles of hiking this week were exercising-type miles instead of just easy miles...so let's say...8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 15 :( for me...but I know it's all a matter of perspective. Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so proud this week. I was complaining to my sister on the phone last Sunday about how I just probably wasn't going to make my goal of running a half marathon this summer because the last two weeks I didn't do very much running. She listened and then said, "No- you are going to do it. You have been wanting to do one for a long time and you always talk yourself out of it. Suck it up and make it happen."

    This was very inspiring to me. I completed my 8 mile long run this week which brought me to week of 22miles. Next week I am shooting for atleast 25 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Stacy. 34 miles last week. Sorry to be late letting you know. I was in Vegas for the weekend and didn't have internet access. Saturday is the marathon- YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacy again. By the way I love the picture this week- it's so true! And Ruth- you can do a half marathon this summer, and you'll be so proud! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 4. 4 sad little miles for Heather H. I've already double that this week, though and with a trip to the Mall of America tomorrow, I think I may be able to log a few more shopping miles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 boo. I will do better this week!

    ReplyDelete