Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Smoothie

Among the top few of my favorite things about the Autumn season is pumpkin. I love pumpkin! A lot of pumpkin choices really aren’t that good for us though. (Pumpkin pie anyone?) One fall treat that I can enjoy over and over again with out guilt is a pumpkin smoothie.

If you have followed my personal blog for a couple of years, you have probably seen this, but I thought I would share it here anyway.

Pumpkin is packed with good stuff – fiber, vitamins, a bit of protein, not many calories and very little fat!

11 19 10_3860-crop_thumb[9]:Pumpkin Smoothie:

1 to 1 1/2 cups water

1 cup pumpkin

5-6 ice cubes

Dash Cinnamon and or Pumpkin Pie Spice

1/2 package Sugar-Free, Fat-Free Instant Vanilla Pudding

Combine in blender and blend!

*You could use apple juice for additional flavor, or milk for a thicker, creamier version.

What is your favorite use for pumpkin?

If you have a favorite {healthy} recipe that you would like to share email me: batnt99 [at] gmail [dot] com.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Does it just make 1 serving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy -- one big smoothie that you could easily share between 2. :)

    ReplyDelete