Monday, October 1, 2012

Round 3 Starts Today

Round 3 starts today! I can’t believe that’s been six months since I decided to try this. Thanks to those of you that have been here from the start, and welcome to those of you that may be joining us for the first time.

My goal for this time around is to actually get to my goal (so disappointed to be a few miles short in Round TWO), and I really want to get serious about running. My dad is a runner and has been forever. My sister (Hi, Stacy!) took up running a few years ago and now does marathons. I figure that means that there is a runner inside of me somewhere. I’m on a mission to find her.

Not that I see myself running marathons. But going our for a three mile run everyday? That’s the kind of runner I want to be. Any advice for me?

What are your goals for round 3? Are you hoping to try some new exercises? To get faster miles? Are you hoping to drink more water while you work out? Are you hoping to get even more miles than last time?

Tell me in the comments and maybe we’ll get some good ideas and motivation from each other.

11 comments:

  1. Try Couch to 5K (there's a free app for it). Me? I just would plot out a 3 mile course and then walk/run it until I could run the whole thing. Of course, I did it with a buddy, and it made it easier. But maybe good, fast music could help?

    Once you get to running 3 miles each day, I would suggest you don't stop. Just do it 4-5 days a week so you can keep it up. But what I found was that 3 miles was never enough. 4 was just about perfect, because my mile 3, I was in the zone! I've heard a lot of other people say the same thing. *shrug

    Ah, to be a runner again. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the app...I just don't use it. Ha! I do have a 5k route mapped out so I think I will take your advice and just go do it.

      Delete
  2. Heather H. - I'm in for 100 (it will be winter in Northern Minnesota, after all!). My goal in this next challenge is to try something new - snowshoeing, and also join a yoga class to get me through the winter. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a brieg yoga class before and I LOVED it. I would love to live in a place where I could try snow-shoeing. When you try it will you write a guest post about it? That would be SO interesting!

      Delete
  3. By the time this round ends I'll be half-way through this pregnancy. My goal is to just KEEP GOING, even if I don't feel like it! No excuses, this exercise is for two! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a great goal, Timber! You can do it!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to try this again(not try-do!). Hot summer months and starting a new venture into homeschooling didn't bode well for me keeping on track, or even keeping track. But cooler weather is coming and we're settling into a schedule and need PE for him even, so I've got to do better. Thanks for organizing this challenge. Good luck everyone!-Allison M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life certainly happens that way, doesn't it? Hopefully, a good schedule will help -- that's what I am counting on with the start of school as well. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. I would like to participate. We did 4.5 miles yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you need my name as well. Sorry about that. Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Melanie! I am so happy to have you join us. Any chance you are willing to share a blog address with us? I'd love to "meet" you.

      We'll report miles in on Sunday for the week. Remember though, no half miles. Push yourself to go just a little bit farther! Click the FAQ tab if you have any questions. :)

      Delete