Saturday, December 29, 2012

Round 4 | Begins Jan. 1



January 1 is just around the corner! I can’t believe that 2012 is coming to an end.

If you have “exercise” as a New Year’s Resolution, then this is the perfect challenge for you. This challenge will help you stay motivated to move.

Here’s how it works:

·        Each challenge runs for three months (Next up: Jan. 1-Mar. 31) 
  •            Each mile you walk or run equals a mile in the challenge
  •           Every 15 minutes of other exercise equals one mile(biking, yoga, tennis, swimming, etc)
  •           There are NO half miles - push yourself to go that extra half mile or another seven minutes and count it as a mile. You can do it!

Each week, I will put out a call for miles and you will report how many miles you did that week.  I will add your name and miles to the sidebar.  Be sure to check back to make sure that my math is correct! Each week, I also hope to post some motivation - something to make us want to move, a favorite healthy recipe, etc.  Feel free to contact me (batnt99 at gmail.com) if you would like to do a guest post.  

Join in and let’s move!

Leave a comment to let me know if you are interested in Round 4. Feel free to invite your friends to play along with us! The more the merrier. 

6 comments:

  1. I will be joining round 4! I promise this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you roll your eyes at me if I say "ME!"? Because that worked out real well last time. But

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was saying ie got to get back after this bad knee injury. Falling on the ice yesterday set me back another few weeks. So my goal is simply one mile per day five days a week for the three months. Not quite 100 miles but better than these last three months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great challenge! I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am joining round 4, too! My resolution is to make these winter months count! Plus I'm adding a reminder into my phone to log in my miles each week...no excuses! (Heather H.)

    ReplyDelete